Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fencing Out the Puppies

Well I was hoping that I was going to get my veggies in ground this week. Oh well these things happen.  At least I got the poles cut, drilled and in, so all I have to do next week is plant, and set my irrigation.

Well let's get started.  I am using the 10' metal electrical conduit for poles.  The reason, in the past I use to use the 8' green garden stakes.  I discovered when a good wind would pop up, they would bend with the shade cloth attached.  FYI those green garden stakes are like 5 dollars and change.  The conduit is 2 dollars.  

 
You need drill, and a metal pipe cutter.  I cut two feet of the pipe off, and drill two holes in the top of the pipe.


After I cut all my poles. I measured off the garden, and decided where to place the poles.  I am placing the poles every 6' apart.  Not only are the poles for holding up the shade cloth, they will also hold up the bird netting, and the outer poles will have the fence attached. 


I have most of my poles up.  I was shy 3 because I was originally going to space the poles every 7'.  When I go to work tomorrow I'll pick up the other 3 poles I need.  I drilled the holes with the water.  The same way I drilled the holes in the soil for the trees that were over watered, in my second blog. 

 

At this point it was getting too hot to work. I was thinking of putting up half the fence this evening, but I realized that I need the puppies to see the fence, and not run into it while they are playing.  They do play rough.  

Well that is all for this week. Next week the finished fence, and veggies in the ground. Yesssss.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment